Wednesday, January 13, 2010

ALaW.

A letter a week, a project started by Fiona Demster and friends, a challenge to write or make in any other way a letter a week,  creating 52 letters, which must form 2 alphabets, by the end of 2010. They have few rules - any medium, any style - but the letters must be written on a 7cm x 7cm square.

So Fiona has kindly allowed me to join them.
Of course I will be using clay and decided to use a different clay every month. also I will  try to use a different technique as well.Clay will take longer to finish therefore I will cheat a little and make my letters for the month in 1 go so they have time to dry, fire, glaze and fire again.
For January I have used stoneware clay, printed pattern and glaze them after they have been bisque fired.

2 comments:

Noela Mills said...

Very lovely, Mieke. Great to see another medium for this project. Noela xoxox

Barry said...

M That is really cool stuff. Go girl. B