Friday, September 7, 2012

GREAT NEWS!


Last night I went to the opening of "Ignition Awards for ceramic excellence" were I entered my sculpture,
I was pleasantly surprised to be chosen the WINNER.

Just some information on the piece, it's about 160cm. Tall I have it on Facebook and some people thought it was just about 40cm tall. The disk at the back is an old plough disk, that has done its job well!

Jackson Li was the judge he is the director  of SABAO (www.chinaclayart.com) a ceramic centre in Jingdezhen, not the one I will go to to do my residency, but we will be visiting this centre as well, what a coincidence!

I hope to get some more photos tomorrow, so if you are in the neighborhood come and visit the Cooroy butter factory and see all the exceptional ceramic pieces on display.

Jackson Li will be there making his fantastic brushes.

3 comments:

Barry said...

M- well done - I'm very happy for you - so you must be just over the moon. Now you can shine even brighter in China. B

Wyn Vogel said...

Congrats Mieke you deserve it! Well done ..... Cheers Wyn

Jo Murray said...

CONGRATULATIONS Mieke!!!! You sooooo deserve this.