Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Take a rest!

I have been working on a few different things at the same time, which obviously not always works!
A tea-pot exhibition coming up in Brisbane and I have been making a few different ones, I was very happy with this one wen it was bisque fired, but now....NOT any more after the glaze firing!
 
Handle totally crooked and cracked. so a big no no for this one.
I feel I don't have one good enough to enter the competition, a bit disappointing hopefully better next time.














 I made some wall tiles and raku fired them, luckily they are a lot better,
and ready to go into the open gardens exhibition this week-end together with a few other garden sculptures.


After the week-end I have to take a break from clay and look after Hans(my husband) who will get 2 hip replacements next week and will be out of action for some time.

2 comments:

Barry said...

M - Love the wall tiles. The garden expo is looking a wash out at the moment. Wow!! Two hip replacements - now that is something - hope that goes well and will give your husband a whole new lease of life. B

jovile said...

hey, u have some crazy teapots, i love them :)